This post may be considered as bug-report citation (see bug 1787368 on LaunchPad ).
Steps to reproduce:
- Install Ubuntu MATE 18.04 LTS (or upgrade from 16.04 LTS)
- Create text file somewhere (in home folder for example) with
echo text > ~/file.txt.
- Open Caja in home folder
- Caja shows preview (the contents) of
file.txtin Icon view.
- Caja does not show preview of
- all settings in Preview tab are set to Local Only
- this happens on clean user profile and/or after
dconf reset -f /and
gsettings reset-recursively org.mate.caja
- Problem first seen on AskUbuntu ( https://askubuntu.com/q/1065825/66509 ).
Caja on Xenial Xerus 16.04 LTS MATE:
Caja on Xenial Xerus 18.04 LTS MATE:
Is it just me? Could anyone confirm this?