Closed Poll:Wallpaper Competition March 2015

Each Ubuntu MATE community member is being invited to submit one original wallpaper by 20 March in this thread. Each submission should contain the following:

• Name of the author
  • Title of the work
  • License
  • Full resolution copy attached to the post

Failure to provide any of the above may disqualify the work from the competition.

On the 20th of March no more submissions will be accepted and a poll will be made for everyone to vote on. On the 1st of April the one with the highest amount of votes wins.

Thank you and good luck to all of those who enter.

Ubuntu MATE Staff

4 Likes

Is possible to enter more than one wallpaper?

1 Like

One only 1 entry per person please

1 Like

Not very original because I posted this wallpaper in another topic already, but someone has to kick off somehow:

@stevecook172001: the trouble for you won't be to find a better wallpaper than mine, but to choose a single one out of all the ones you've created! :wink:

• Name of the author: Spleenico, based on a photo by Apollo 8 crew member Bill Anders.
  • Title of the work: Ubuntu MATE rise
  • License: Original Apollo 8 photo in the public domain. My remix is whatever Ubuntu MATE wishes (CC-BY-SA 4.0 International?)
  • Full resolution copy attached to the post:
5 Likes

Wall papers posted elsewhere in this site are eligible. By “original” we mean you wholly created to work or it is derived from Creative Commons licensed or open licensed work(s).

@stevecook172001, @electragician and others. Submit you favourite creations here!

2 Likes

I'm going to have to go with "Meld" for my submission. I like the combination of Ubuntu and MATE shown in the background, so it's a favorite of mine :smiley:

Name of Author: Matthew Kelley aka electragician
Title of Work: Meld
License: I'll follow whatever the Ubuntu MATE logo is licensed under, since I used it in the creation of the wallpaper. Something open I presume :smile:

3 Likes

@sradonichiv @Wimpy What size and resolution should the wallpaper be?

1 Like

Steve Cook
"Ubuntu Mate - Welcome back to the future"
my own work (with ubuntu mate artwork)
full res copy attached
Several other resolutions and colours already prodcued and available

5 Likes

@JohnBlood I would say 1920x1080 would be great for those of us with 1080p displays.

1 Like

I'll enter this wallpaper. I've new to the wallpaper game. Most of my other wallpapers were very flashy. This one is more subtle in content.Sorry if its not the right size, but I know if I attempt to redo it, it will not come out the same.

Name of Author: John Paul Wohlscheid
Title of Work: Ubuntu MATE Curves (Best I could think of. I'm open to suggestions)
License: It would all depend on what license Ubuntu MATE is using for their logos.

5 Likes

Any prize? :grinning:

Doesn’t have to be 1920x1280 just as a recommended minimum that would be great is what I meant. Would love to tell you what the prize is but I have yet to receive a definitive response.

1 Like

I think I heard @Wimpy was going to come over and make dinner for the winner.

I might be making that up though :smiley:

2 Likes

I was going to suggest a trip to Aruba or a new Mercedes for the winner.

1 Like

My attempt .. Metal Mate 1920x1080 made in CS6 (apart from the love logo - recoloured - resized - affects - applied)

3 Likes

Damn. I just saw this thread and wont have time to make one for it. I’m still on the road.

1 Like

Sorry, I guess I kinda goofed that up.

1 Like

Having a little issues with getting polls to work properly so please hold on for voting. Thanks.

1 Like

Would this help, @sradonichiv? [note: never tried myself]

1 Like

I have read all of the documentation, the issues is that it will not save my edits to the post inorder to make it.

1 Like