Desktop wallpapers for anyone who wants a copy

Here it is:

18 Likes

Nice! :sunglasses:

Could you capitalise MATE please? If you’re happy to license it under CC-BY-SA I’ll include it in the Ubuntu MATE artwork package :smiley:

6 Likes

No problem Martin. I've edited and replaced the original. Also, please consider it yours to do with as you wish. The same goes for anyone else.

I should say, however, I got the initial abstract green background image from here:

I am assuming that background image is freely available to distribute as well as to download and use as an individual?

1 Like

My first one made from start to finish by me. Thast is to say, no elements inported apart from Mate artwork.

A bit cheesy and a bit basic (I've only just started to properly learn Gimp today), but I am a sucker for a space scene!

9 Likes

Green Glass

5 Likes

Green Glass 2

2 Likes

slightly modified space scene

7 Likes

Thanks for creating these. I’ll start collecting the various contributions ready for packaging :smiley:

ubuntu materock

7 Likes

some more rock wallpapers

6 Likes

I’ll snag the Rock backgrounds and package them :smile: The space one is a bit similar to the original Ubuntu MATE backgrounds and I am not sure I can redistribute the assets you’ve based the other on.

no worries at all Martin. I've just done these background mainly for myself as a way of learning GIMP. But if you or anyone else want them, that's great. Also, I should say, I've re-done the rock ones a bit better, I think. You decide, thougn, and take what you want. The glass ones, I should say, are all my own work with no imported imagery. But, they are a bit visually noisy, I have to admit.

8 Likes

Those are nice! Really nice! I’m digging the grey and the green one in particular.

Cheers E… :blush:

I also loved these…thanks

updated rock wallapeprs with new resolutions:

3 Likes

@stevecook172001 Thanks. All now updated in the official 15.04 archive :slight_smile:

@stevecook172001
Impressed with your work I am. Well done!

some textured metal ones:

6 Likes

Retro look

6 Likes