I like this wallpapers. Great work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

slight variation with a bit more of a retro sci-fi feel to it

7 Likes

new variation in red

3 Likes

Love this one, well done!

1 Like

Thanks Kri5. Thatā€™s very kind of you to say.

Wow Steve! I think youā€™re way beyond ā€œlearning Gimpā€ there fella! Iā€™d say you know it pretty dang well! Very nice wallpapers indeed and, in fact Iā€™ve been using one of your rock ones (the orange/brown one) as my wallpaper when I visit Ubuntu MATE via a live CD (cause I canā€™t just visit a distro without customizing it). And, if that werenā€™t enough, I also just (a couple of hours ago) created my own wallpaper, the inspiration of which originated from your green rock wallpaper, as I started out by modifying it (and the green background of my wallpaper is partly due to your wallpaper ā€“ you can kind of still see a crack or two). The whole event was really a fluke as I was in the middle of creating screen shots of my newly released Linux app running atop of Ubuntu MATE 15.04 and one thing led to another and before I knew it, I had created a Ubuntu MATE wallpaper which I came to the forum here to post (Iā€™ll post it shortly in a new thread). The odd thing is,ā€¦ Iā€™m a Linux Mint / MATE user! OMG! I think I may be in love with Ubuntu MATE and it feels like Iā€™m cheating on my wife! Seriously, those are some fantastic wallpapers you made there and Iā€™m more than delighted to discover that my creation came about partly because of yours! How cool is that? Thanks!

3 Likes

Thank you. I donā€™t know what else to say except thank so much. Truth is, I often look at the wallpapers I created on here and cringe with embarrassment because I think they look so much poorer than they should. Seriously, I am not joking!

Thatā€™s crazy talk Steve ā€“ you do first rate work and donā€™t let anyone tell ya otherwise! Me on the other hand, Iā€™m the Frank Drebin of graphic design ā€“ if it works out at all, itā€™s purely unintentional and just a matter of bumbling luck. :slight_smile:

Thats a excellent way to learn gimp, try everything, then try to remember :smiley:

@stevecook172001
I really like the font in the very first first pic, what is it?

Ok
After I logged in to the forum, I realized it was not the first pic, but this one.

Lol! That about sums it up for me. :slight_smile:

I canā€™t for the life of me remember, to be honest. I have lost the original Gimp master copy and so canā€™'t identify it from the jpeg I have. It looks to be similar to comic sans, but not quite as cartoonish.

I love the Rock wallpapers, Steve. Great workā€¦GIMPmanship at it finest. :+1:

Thanks friend, i dig your work. :thumbsup:

Only just seen all of the pics @stevecook172001, nice!. :smiley:

1 Like

Bless you for that Wolfman. Iā€™d forgotten all about these!

1 Like

Hi i made this i took the picture myself and added the mate logo. (Licensed under Creative Commons)

5 Likes