Editing a video in Kdenlive

I have visited Auschwitz and I decided to test both my new SJ4000 camera and my video editing skills.
This is the result:

Sepia

Original

BTW, I tried to use Openshot to make this video. Impossible, it is waaay to heavy and suffers from severe stuttering.

2 Likes

It’s a very nice video, though a very depressing place.

Hmz, this gives me a headache. Not just about the topic of the video, but also… do I keep this under Screenshots or do I move it to Videos? :confused:

Btw: Nice video.

1 Like

Hmz, this gives me a headache. Not just about the topic of the video, but also… do I keep this under Screenshots or do I move it to Videos? :confused:
Btw: Nice video.

I know! I spent 5 minutes thinking if I should post on Screenshots or Videos, but I assumed the ‘result’ of the screenshot is the video, therefore the image comes first. Feel free to move it, though. It doesn’t really matter!

@Xamineh I was just kidding… :slight_smile:

What are your system resources like?, RAM, CPU/GPU etc?.

What are your system resources like?, RAM, CPU/GPU etc?.

Its a Lenovo S20-30 laptop, pretty weak actually, but it is usable.
Celeron N2840, 2GB RAM, 320HD, Intel Onboard Graphics.

I was actually surprised it managed to render the video (took a while, though).

1 Like

Have you add the restricted codecs package?:

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras

Hope it helps!. :smiley:

Hi,
Yes, it is installed!
Thanks for the tip, though.

Have you tried playing the video with a different media player?. :smiley:

Have you tried playing the video with a different media player?. :smiley:

Hold on. The video is working just fine. The problem was editing the video with Openshot, which was extremely unpleasant due to the constant stuttering.
While editing with Kdenlive, everything worked just fine. Editing, rendering and playing.
It seems that Openshot takes waaaaay more resources than Kdenlive. Also, it has less options and effects.

Blender, on what Openshot relies on for animations, has an outstanding video editor.

The screenshot(Its running in mate and editing a mate videos grab :blush: ).

Go give it a try!!

You can find tutorial videos on youtube.

2 Likes

Here are a few other alternatives for you:

1 Like

@Xamineh,

this might interest you:

2 Likes

Great video, but given what happened at Auschwitz that’s an appallingly insensitive title for the post.

1 Like

Great video, but given what happened at Auschwitz that’s an appallingly insensitive title for the post.

Ouch, that is true. I didn’t put the title with that in mind, in fact I was talking about the ‘activity of editing a video’.
I will change that.

2 Likes

Understood, I’m sure it wasn’t intentional.

Thank You for making the change.

What theme are you using? Very nice & clean looking.

https://ubuntu-mate.community/uploads/default/original/2X/d/dbcfae17d25840b7c4c6e2561b125d222fadf9cb.png

What theme are you using? Very nice & clean looking.

I am using Numix.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:numix/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install numix-gtk-theme numix-icon-theme-circle
1 Like

Thnx. So I installed from terminal as per your instructions but the theme does not show up in System/Preferences/Look and Feel/Appearance . How did you enable the theme?