Error Code 1 with linux-modules-4.15.0-66-generic

Hello, I have received an error every time I boot or install software. I can send the png of the error I got if someone is interested. I searched the topics, and there are none listed with this.

Question: I am getting a message that this module is in a very bad inconsistent state and I need to reinstall it. How do I do that?

Thanks,
Eliza

Hi Eliza,

what version of UM are you running?. UM 20.04 is out and there is a newer kernel!.

Take a look at the update guide and see if you can fix your problem using the tips provided.

You can also open Welcome > Software > Fixes and try that quickly!. :grinning:

Thanks for the suggestion, but that didn't work. Is there any way of installing the module?

I am running 16.04, the 64 bit version, Intel Celeron processor, 8 gigs of RAM. I am concerned about losing the functionality of Wine upon upgrading, and looked at the entries about problems with 20.04. I would be interested in upgrading if I knew I would not be sacrificing functionality, as this is the machine used for 3D design and I'm also using Voxelizer and Cura for slicing/g-code generation, so you can imagine my reluctance. Both Vox and Cura are running native. I am also using Geany for code work as well as Aduino IDE, and depend on those to work.

Screenshot at 2020-05-10 14:06:47

Hi Eliza,

firstly, install Synaptic via the terminal (Ctrl + Alt + t) using the command below:

sudo apt install synaptic

Now open Synaptic and search for "linux-modules-4.15.0-66-generic".

Once found, right click the package and mark for re-installation then click on apply and try a restart and then updating again. :grinning:

1 Like

OK! Reloading the package fixed it! Thanks much! This will come in handy if the problem ever shows up again!

Best Regards, Eliza

1 Like