Everything is GREEN!

Am I really the only one who still likes the human themes and the original light themes from Ubuntu 10.04 LTS? No one is really saying that the green themes need to disappear but the lack of other colors really grates.

So change it, right?

Well the problem there is the green theme gets all the improvements and installing anything else leads down a path of broken icons and other elements to where you practially need to be a coder just to fix things to work normally again. I've never seen an desktop so fragile that just installing the wrong theme can completely break things like this! Somehow though the conflicts between GTK2 and GTK3 and multiple other things causes a complete break in the way the panel works or how the icons display in apps. That's why people are so insistent that they want official themes with muliple color choices--we want something in a different color but which is known to work and has the various fixes the default has had to repair various breakages over time. Just installing a new theme won't do that.

That icon theme you keep on asking you can use, I finally managed to make it usable for other people because I stopped uploading a symbolic link. But hey, cool part is I can actually host the damn thing on my computer now so I can host it on my small Linux partition.

Yeah, I know :slight_smile: I'm probably going to upload it to my own repo, and change it a little if I feel some modifications need to be made (if some icons are missing, which is Numix's fault, not yours). I'll try it when I get home!
Do you dualboot with Linux BTW?

I think I've alluded to that multiple times on this forum, yes I dual-boot, I need Windows 10 for certain games because Steam with Proton and Wine can't fix everything. (Adobe bringing their AIR software for certain titles to be Linux-native would be pretty dope though.)

Not really the thread to chat about this though, but if you don't mind why does it matter to you?

It dosen't really matter to me, I was just curious because you said small Linux partition.

I replied in the wrong thread. Whoops.