I returned to Ubuntu-MATE, as its the best

I have tried Linux Mint, Ubuntu, Lubuntu, Kubuntu and Xubuntu, before also Mandriva/Mandrake.

I used before Ubuntu Mate, because I like it the most. Now when I decided to install Linux again next to my Windows, I tried first in Virtual Machine Mint with KDE and Cinnamon.

Then I decided to get back ubuntu mate. I also like this community already more than Mint community, I have got quick answers in support forum and ppl are very helpful.

I would suggest to make the Mate Menuโ€™s to be more customizable, that its easier for example to change the menu button icon through its properties for example, than copying files to theme folder and using dconf.

I would also suggest to make it easy to personalize grub2 menu and ldm greeter. I would like to have a possibility to for example change username to show in asterisks, and that without manually creating a file and editing I could disable userlist, and change texts in login screen and to remove top panel with all its indicators and applets.

I tried to remove the indicators and applets in ldm greeter settings but it didnt do anything.

1 Like

I agree with you. Ubuntu Mate rocks.

I agree that it would be nice if the grub menu was easier to modify.
That may be because you can make your system un-bootable if edits are not done properly.

Maybe someone is working on a GUI interface to work with grub.

Some other forums do have some members with a "#od complex, but they are generally in the minority.

Thanks for you input. :slight_smile:

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: GRUB2 theme change