I returned to Ubuntu-MATE, as its the best

I have tried Linux Mint, Ubuntu, Lubuntu, Kubuntu and Xubuntu, before also Mandriva/Mandrake.

I used before Ubuntu Mate, because I like it the most. Now when I decided to install Linux again next to my Windows, I tried first in Virtual Machine Mint with KDE and Cinnamon.

Then I decided to get back ubuntu mate. I also like this community already more than Mint community, I have got quick answers in support forum and ppl are very helpful.

I would suggest to make the Mate Menu’s to be more customizable, that its easier for example to change the menu button icon through its properties for example, than copying files to theme folder and using dconf.

I would also suggest to make it easy to personalize grub2 menu and ldm greeter. I would like to have a possibility to for example change username to show in asterisks, and that without manually creating a file and editing I could disable userlist, and change texts in login screen and to remove top panel with all its indicators and applets.

I tried to remove the indicators and applets in ldm greeter settings but it didnt do anything.

1 Like

I agree with you. Ubuntu Mate rocks.

I agree that it would be nice if the grub menu was easier to modify.
That may be because you can make your system un-bootable if edits are not done properly.

Maybe someone is working on a GUI interface to work with grub.

Some other forums do have some members with a "#od complex, but they are generally in the minority.

Thanks for you input. :slight_smile:

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: GRUB2 theme change