Logitech Media Server and Raspberry MATE 1.24 problem

I have a Pi 4 Modell B, 2GB RAM running Raspbian 10 (buster) with MATE desktop enviroment 1.20.4. I use it amongst others as a Logitech Mediaserver (LMS aka Squeezebox server). I am very impressed with Mint Mate!

But I would like to upgrade the desktop enviroment to MATE 1.24. I managed to do so but I am not able to get LMS running. I am afraid that there is aproblem with the Perl version.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

You're using an old-stable version of Debian, as Buster or 10 isn't the current stable release (that's Bullseye/11).

MATE is the desktop, and this is Ubuntu-MATE, or the flavor of Ubuntu where the MATE desktop has replaced the default GNOME desktop. You're not using Ubuntu-MATE.

FYI: My current Debian system has MATE 1.26, but stable Debian has 1.24 from a quick CLI enquiry; you're on an older version as you're using an older version of Debian (that switches to LTS support only next month) that hasn't been upgraded; so I'd suggest upgrading to current stable Debian 11 (bullseye). I suspect that applies to non-Ubuntu-MATE Raspbian equally.

1 Like