My desktop today

There is another feature that I love about Winamp's small foot print. It maintains most of it's controls in that tiny footprint. I'm not sure if there are many applications that I could use this feature - except playing music. The only issue I have found is that placing the tiny player in the title bar crashes wine. Here are some screen grabs all minimized, and just the player + their control functions.

One more aside about the MATE desktop because if we carry on any further this topic is going to become split; there are (very) basic player controls in the volume panel. Left-click and you'll see them with a native player running, if all which concerns you is pause / play, next track and previous track. I also think the volume control panel will pick up on whatever the player's media is and put it there but I am not so certain about that.

I wonder, why are you concerned about Caja? For me Caja works ok with i3.

:open_mouth: Holy smokes!!! Wow!!

That is one sharp looking background!!

Just an incredible job!

5 Likes

Beauty in simplicity. But I would honestly pair that with a dark orange theme and some dark-ish orange icons.

A post was split to a new topic: Changing menu bar color and start logo?

old new

2 Likes

Basic. I envy you; I hate light themes with passion, but if that's what you like, fantastic.

If you install gksu to get numix-folders working you can further customize how your Numix folder icons look. I take it that's default Numix Blue?

my desktop. I am a fan of Bob's burgers if you cannot tell.

5 Likes

My desktop today

4 Likes

Didn't you share this already? Or is the only change literally the Christmas tree?

1 Like

2 Likes

Nice! Going for them OS X feels I see.

2 Likes

Just upgraded to 20.04 LTS on my mid 2007 MacBook - runs better than 18.04, and 19.10 actually snappy

2 Likes

Hi @jmarkus,

it is possible to customize default clock indicator via dconf-editor and get rid of duplicate clock in upper panel.

Cheers

Thank you Ironfoot. A few upgrades ago I had trouble getting a 12 hour clock setting instead of 24. (I think it was somewhere between 16.04 and 18.04). Back then I was dual booting MATE and Freya. I used gparted to copy just the 18.04 partition to this hard drive, and fixed grub. I think the upgrade 20.04 may have messed that panel up, and I hadn't noticed. So, i tossed the panel and put it back together again. I cleaned it up a bit, and the desktop.

1 Like

Please, what is the name of the windows theme and the icons theme that you used in these pictures?