My desktop today

One more aside about the MATE desktop because if we carry on any further this topic is going to become split; there are (very) basic player controls in the volume panel. Left-click and you'll see them with a native player running, if all which concerns you is pause / play, next track and previous track. I also think the volume control panel will pick up on whatever the player's media is and put it there but I am not so certain about that.

I wonder, why are you concerned about Caja? For me Caja works ok with i3.

:open_mouth: Holy smokes!!! Wow!!

That is one sharp looking background!!

Just an incredible job!

5 Likes

Beauty in simplicity. But I would honestly pair that with a dark orange theme and some dark-ish orange icons.

A post was split to a new topic: Changing menu bar color and start logo?

old new

2 Likes

Basic. I envy you; I hate light themes with passion, but if that's what you like, fantastic.

If you install gksu to get numix-folders working you can further customize how your Numix folder icons look. I take it that's default Numix Blue?

my desktop. I am a fan of Bob's burgers if you cannot tell.

5 Likes

My desktop today

4 Likes

Didn't you share this already? Or is the only change literally the Christmas tree?

1 Like

2 Likes

Nice! Going for them OS X feels I see.

2 Likes

Just upgraded to 20.04 LTS on my mid 2007 MacBook - runs better than 18.04, and 19.10 actually snappy

2 Likes

Hi @jmarkus,

it is possible to customize default clock indicator via dconf-editor and get rid of duplicate clock in upper panel.

Cheers

Thank you Ironfoot. A few upgrades ago I had trouble getting a 12 hour clock setting instead of 24. (I think it was somewhere between 16.04 and 18.04). Back then I was dual booting MATE and Freya. I used gparted to copy just the 18.04 partition to this hard drive, and fixed grub. I think the upgrade 20.04 may have messed that panel up, and I hadn't noticed. So, i tossed the panel and put it back together again. I cleaned it up a bit, and the desktop.

1 Like

Please, what is the name of the windows theme and the icons theme that you used in these pictures?

Ubuntu MATE 20.04 LTS
Traditional desktop, Greybird GTK Theme, Radiant Icons, Roboto Fonts
:wink:

4 Likes