My desktop today

hi,

have been moving myself away from windows, specifically win10. laptop has been replaced with a chromebook and for my intel nuc desktop i chose ubuntu mate 20.04lts. i have dark themed everything and i really like this stock wallpaper as the desktop icons stand out nicely.

enjoy your day and stay safe, cheers everyone!

7 Likes

May I ask for a link to that neat wallpaper?

It's already in ubuntu mate, you should be able to pick it ^^

1 Like

Thanks, but I was asking for this wallpaper My desktop today

It is posted somewhere on the forum I believe it was created by a forum members, but I don't remember where it is posted

It's from @anon94368460's post: Resting Fox wallpaper. Some great artwork indeed!

Thanks mate! Sure it’s an amazing picture

Some fun with the 'cool-retro-term' snap ! :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Hi @Fall66 :slight_smile:
Whoaaa, im installing it right now :slight_smile:

1 Like

ubuntuMATE + ubuntu Gnome Desktop + Arc Menu (Dash to dock option) = still similar ubuntu

1 Like

Stevecook,

Hey. I don't want to be a wanker or cheeky. I'm not even British, but still, I want to be respectful. But I must share something. A desktop shortcoming I fell victim to for 29 years until I switched from Mac to Windows 10. It was a thing that once I saw it -- I couldn't unsee it.

Picture yourself in a nice restaurant somewhere. You're with friends or family and you want someone to take a really nice picture. Just before they snap the pic someone says, "Wait!" and they run off, run back with a trash can, and place in on a nearby table so that it's in view. I'm hoping if you're like me you'd say, hey, what's with the trashcan. Lose the trashcan.

I was using OS X for ages. And I realized I wanted the Mac trash can -- as nice looking as it is -- GONE. When I switched to Windows I learned everybody and their brother proudly put 'the recycle bin' (TRASH CAN!) prominently top left. I heard horror stories about Windows but one thing it could do that Mac wouldn't let you do?

Lose the trash can.

Seriously. It's already in Caja, right? It will make your handsome desktops look better. If you still don't believe me -- do you see anything wrong with this picture?

1 Like

this distro is the tshi

5 Likes

Very simple, great work.

Still simple :sunglasses:

Wallpaper is from a 2015 thread on this forum : Desktop wallpapers for anyone who wants a copy
WM Theme is 'Traditional Green'
Icons are the beautiful 'Radiant Mate'
Font is 'Roboto'

5 Likes

Hi everyone,
I am keeping this style of desktop on my Mate. However wallpaper depends on the mood.

5 Likes

Where is this 'steel mate' image available ?

Thx

W

I don't remember where I got it from. Now I found it only in this resolution:

2 Likes

Snap in a Snap !
Not a desktop. This is the 'bashtop' snap running in a 'cool-retro-term' snap ...
:upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Just want to share my current desktop :slight_smile: :penguin:

4 Likes

Plain, simple, effective. As it should be.

1 Like