Need help my Wifi did not work

Hi,
I am new in Linux that is my first day .But from the start i have problem… My Wifi not work i dont know why .I see other topic here but everyting i do again not work … can some one help and give simple answer for new :smiley:
My laptop HP Model :15-ac128nu

Тhanks!

Hi @Xcess
Please provide the output for the following command typed in a terminal:

sudo lshw -C network

You can open the terminal using the shortcut CTRL+ALT+T
When you enter the command, it will prompt you for your password.
Stars won’t be echoed back to you when you type your password: this is normal, just keep typing then press Enter.

Once you have the result of the command, you can copy from the terminal using CTRL+SHIFT+C
Cheers

Also

Have you ran your first update?

Hi again.
Sorry for late reply, i reinstall Linux mate 16.04 for sure i am do someting not wrong and delete all my experiments .I see the beginners guide and install update but again noting happen…
I go this command in a Terminal sudo lshw -C network

*-network UNCLAIMED     
       description: Network controller
       product: RTL8723BE PCIe Wireless Network Adapter
       vendor: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
       physical id: 0
       bus info: pci@0000:02:00.0
       version: 00
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list
       configuration: latency=0
       resources: ioport:2000(size=256) memory:a1200000-a1203fff
  *-network
       description: Ethernet interface
       product: RTL8101/2/6E PCI Express Fast/Gigabit Ethernet controller
       vendor: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
       physical id: 0
       bus info: pci@0000:03:00.0
       logical name: enp3s0
       version: 07
       serial: fc:3f:db:b1:9a:9f
       size: 100Mbit/s
       capacity: 100Mbit/s
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm msi pciexpress msix vpd bus_master cap_list ethernet physical tp mii 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd autonegotiation
       configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=r8169 driverversion=2.3LK-NAPI duplex=full firmware=rtl8106e-1_0.0.1 06/29/12 ip=192.168.1.23 latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes port=MII speed=100Mbit/s
       resources: irq:117 ioport:1000(size=256) memory:a1100000-a1100fff memory:a1000000-a1003fff

What i do next …
Thanks!

Try unloading and reloading the wireless network adapter…

Go to the terminal by using the key sequence:
Ctrl+Alt+T

From the terminal run the following command:

sudo rmmod rtl8723be && modprobe rtl8723be

Hi @Xcess,

have you also tried running the "Additional Drivers Tool" in the Control Centre?:

Hi again.
I try both but noting happen ..
now i see my network adapter but when i try to connection he tell me i am connection but when i go internet browser i no have internet .........
I am in 1 meter from my ruter in same room.

And when i go to "Additional Drivers" i see only one driver for my intel processor.
i no see drivers for my graphic card or other devices ....
I have AMD Radeon M330 1 GB.

Thanks!

@larryb made a small mistake I think.

Try:

sudo rmmod rtl8723be && sudo modprobe rtl8723be

Hi,
I try that my internet come for 2 min and loses … wifi show me i have internet but when i try to go internet browser no have … HOLY…
My ruter is 1 meter from my laptop but wifi still show me only 2 bars.
How is possible that … that is from linux or from my laptop .
In windows works fine in full bars and i no have problem with him but i dont wanna back to windows 10… please …
Cheers!

Try this:

echo “options rtl8723be fwlps=0” | sudo tee /etc/modprobe.d/rtl8723be.conf

That’ll add an option to the driver to disable power savings, then reload the driver using:

sudo modprobe -r rtl8723be
sudo modprobe rtl8723be

As for the WiFi icon showing wrong strength status my advice is to ignore it for now, it’s most likely due to the multitude of active bugs in network-manager et al.

Instead, use the following command to monitor connectivity:

ping -s16 8.8.8.8

If you get ping replies under 10ms consider you have a good connection, and don’t bother looking at the icon.

1 Like

I try you guidance get this error

I ping -s16 8.8.8.8 show me 30-40ms.
Cheers!

Most likely you made an error with the command.
The file /etc/modprobe.d/rtl8723be.conf should only contain the following:

options rtl8723be fwlps=0

Make sure this is the case using:

sudo pluma /etc/modprobe.d/rtl8723be.conf

When i wrote this command in a Terminal sudo pluma /etc/modprobe.d/rtl8723be.conf
show me this

Now no have error i wrote this command in file options rtl8723be fwlps=0 when use this command in a Terminal sudo pluma /etc/modprobe.d/rtl8723be.conf my

And problem stay when i use Wifi internet is very slow or drop every 2 min ... not from my internet provider.
When i use cable i download with 2 MB/s .. when use Wifi 100 KB/s ..... HOLY..
here i have other one laptop with windows 7 and he no have that problem with Wifi . Cable or Wifi he download with 2 MB/s and no have that problem with drop or lose connection....
Have way to fix it on linux laptop?
Cheers!

Hi, check this. It might be of some help :

" Quite often, the weak signal is a symptom of the antenna wire being connected to connection #1 on the card when the default driver is expecting to see the signal at connection #2. Of course, you could open the laptop and switch the wire or you could install a newer driver that permits antenna selection at the driver level. "

The quoted text and the solution for this can be found at the following link :

http://askubuntu.com/questions/645220/unable-to-connect-wifi-ubuntu-14-04-lts-hp-pavilion-network-driver-rtl8723be/729660#729660