Need help with configuring wireless network on Ubuntu Mate

Hello everyone,

I'm relatively new to Ubuntu Mate and I'm having trouble configuring my wireless network. I've tried various troubleshooting steps, but still can't seem to get it to connect reliably. Has anyone else experienced similar issues or have any suggestions on how to resolve this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I also check this : https://ubuntu-mate.community/t/need-help-installing-ubuntu-matealteryx But I have not found any solution.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

People need more information about your computer and wireless card to help you.
List your computers make and model. I assume you are using a wired connection right now. So you can run commands. Run the command < lshw > which will give you hardware information, look for network.
Here is mine:
*-network
description: Wireless interface
product: Wireless-AC 9462
vendor: Intel Corporation
physical id: 14.3
bus info: pci@0000:00:14.3
logical name: wlp0s20f3
version: 00
serial: 58:96:1d:2c:15:4b
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: bus_master cap_list ethernet physical wireless
configuration: broadcast=yes driver=iwlwifi driverversion=6.0.12-76060012-generic firmware=72.daa05125.0 QuZ-a0-hr-b0-72.u ip=192.168.1.19 latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11
resources: irq:16 memory:d3510000-d3513fff

Or you can install install < hardinfo > which will also give you your hardware information with a GUI.
< sudo apt-get install hardinfo > under PCI devices it will again list Network controller and your wireless card. It will appear under Applications>System Tools> as 'System Profiler and Benchmark'.

Include that information here and people will be much more able to help you.

2 Likes

@rohan02 the command is: lshw -c network

2 Likes

Welcome @rohan02 to the community!

Thanks for sharing this mate as I found it very much useful and informative.

1 Like

Welcome @Elija to the community!

Glad it helped you because we don't know if it helped Rohan02. It's nice when people let others know if the problem was solved or not.

1 Like