No video output on 18.04 Beta on a RasPi 3+

I am currently using an Acer P236H with my Pi 3+ using the armhf beta image, the screen is just toggling between "blue light" (signal) and "no signal". I have also tried it on a regular Pi 3. Any ideas?

The machine does appear to be booting though, I plugged it into my TV and I got the desktop.

I assume you mean that the same happens with the RPi3 as with the RPi3+.
If, while connected to the Acer monitor, you can SSH in to a command line, try tvservice -s
to see what it reports as the connection status - you may need to modify the settings.
BTW how did you get past the initial setup of UbM with the Acer connected?
Derek

Yes that's what I meant, happens with both devices. I'll try the command this evening.

I didn't get past the initial setup on the Acer, when I plugged it into the Samsung I had just proceeded with the setup.

do you have any solution ? i have the same problem with a dell monitor 1708fp... no signal, but when i use a video projector, it's working fine

Here it is, 2020 and we're still having this issue! I too have no video output from a RPi 2 model B using an Acer S200HQL monitor. It appears to be booting (red and green led activity) but i'm using a wifi usb dongle which cannot be configured without a monitor, so i haven't tried to SSH into it. Put another SD card in and it works fine. Something not right with Ubuntu-MATE 18.04!

Also, FYI--Using Raspian with the EXACT same stuff (including SD card) I have no problems. Monitor displays boot up sequence, even showing the rainbow square in the beginning. Come to think of it, that's odd that the square doesn't show up with Ubuntu, since i thought that square was a hardware thing, not an OS (SD card content) thing. So my only guess is, that Ubuntu is very quickly disabling the video output for the Acer monitor for some reason. Maybe a bad handshake with the HDMI.

So what settings should be changed? I have the EXACT same issue; RPi 2B, Acer monitor.