Primary Mouse Click Disabled. Why

I have even installed a new version of Ubuntu Mate to get the priamry (left) mouse click to work. The new version works no better. I have no idea why the primary mouse click began to get no results after several months of fine use, but it no longer works. I installed a new version (15.10) but the same results. Even getting out a USB mouse instead of the track pad has no better results.

Right now Ubuntu Mate is useless.

Is there a solution or something I can download to my old Dell Inspiron 6000?

Larry

A new mouse may be ???

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I was wondering that

I think someone did not see everything. The trackpad AND an external mouse have the same exact problem. I will be happy to have any real suggestions. If someone wants to make a joke out of this, at least make it a GOOD one.

At present, I cannot use Ubuntu Mate, and I really want to do it.

After an update, the trackpad AND MOUSE both quit working.

At present, I am forced to go back to Windows.

Hi,

restart your PC and go into β€œRecovery Mode” then activate β€œNetwork” and run β€œroot”, type the following commands and see if that fixes the problem for you (This option requires a working cable network connection):

sudo apt-get --fix-missing install

The above command downloads and installs any missing packages on your system.

sudo apt-get --fix-broken install

The above command downloads and installs any broken dependencies on your system.

Hope it helps!. :smiley:

1 Like

This appears to have worked. Many thanks. I will post more later after I
CHECK FURTHER and reinstall my apps.

Larry Morgan

1 Like

The Wolfman fix seemed to fix the problem, then the problem
returned when computer came back from Suspend. And I have just told my girlfriend that NOW the Linux was working and she should check it out (as so many times before, but in vain)

I have not seen the problem reoccur. The cause still has me scratching my head.

Many thanks Wolfman!!

I need to get some more of these command line solutions for issues.

1 Like

I would advise you against using suspend as it has been known to cause problems with Ubuntu!. :confused:

Just use screensaver or log out!. :smiley:

I think I may have found the root cause.
When I would go into UPDATE, I would sometimes get a message my BOOT partition did not have enough room. I tried to follow suggestions to remove old files from previous updates, but the suggestions did not work, I could not find a way to delete the outdated files.

I broke up the update, including just parts of a LINUX CORE update. That might have caused the issue.

I could find no way to expand the BOOT partition beyond 256MB either, not even installing again.

I finally found a utility (BLANK?) that goes into ROOT mode for cleaning the BOOT partition.
It appears to be working.

By the way, I never could get into Recovery Mode and run ROOT. I am essentially a newby learning on my own. Fortuantely, the two primary commands apparently worked.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

To get rid of files (not sure about the boot sector?), install the following package via a terminal (Ctrl + Alt + t):

sudo apt-get install bleachbit

For update and recovery tips:

I forgot to mention this (I assume you only have one OS on your laptop/PC?):

Bleachbit is the tool I used. I could not remember. It helped. Thanks for all your other tips.

1 Like