Primary Mouse Click Disabled. Why

I have even installed a new version of Ubuntu Mate to get the priamry (left) mouse click to work. The new version works no better. I have no idea why the primary mouse click began to get no results after several months of fine use, but it no longer works. I installed a new version (15.10) but the same results. Even getting out a USB mouse instead of the track pad has no better results.

Right now Ubuntu Mate is useless.

Is there a solution or something I can download to my old Dell Inspiron 6000?

Larry

A new mouse may be ???

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I was wondering that

I think someone did not see everything. The trackpad AND an external mouse have the same exact problem. I will be happy to have any real suggestions. If someone wants to make a joke out of this, at least make it a GOOD one.

At present, I cannot use Ubuntu Mate, and I really want to do it.

After an update, the trackpad AND MOUSE both quit working.

At present, I am forced to go back to Windows.

Hi,

restart your PC and go into “Recovery Mode” then activate “Network” and run “root”, type the following commands and see if that fixes the problem for you (This option requires a working cable network connection):

sudo apt-get --fix-missing install

The above command downloads and installs any missing packages on your system.

sudo apt-get --fix-broken install

The above command downloads and installs any broken dependencies on your system.

Hope it helps!. :smiley:

1 Like

This appears to have worked. Many thanks. I will post more later after I
CHECK FURTHER and reinstall my apps.

Larry Morgan

1 Like

The Wolfman fix seemed to fix the problem, then the problem
returned when computer came back from Suspend. And I have just told my girlfriend that NOW the Linux was working and she should check it out (as so many times before, but in vain)

I have not seen the problem reoccur. The cause still has me scratching my head.

Many thanks Wolfman!!

I need to get some more of these command line solutions for issues.

1 Like

I would advise you against using suspend as it has been known to cause problems with Ubuntu!. :confused:

Just use screensaver or log out!. :smiley:

I think I may have found the root cause.
When I would go into UPDATE, I would sometimes get a message my BOOT partition did not have enough room. I tried to follow suggestions to remove old files from previous updates, but the suggestions did not work, I could not find a way to delete the outdated files.

I broke up the update, including just parts of a LINUX CORE update. That might have caused the issue.

I could find no way to expand the BOOT partition beyond 256MB either, not even installing again.

I finally found a utility (BLANK?) that goes into ROOT mode for cleaning the BOOT partition.
It appears to be working.

By the way, I never could get into Recovery Mode and run ROOT. I am essentially a newby learning on my own. Fortuantely, the two primary commands apparently worked.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

To get rid of files (not sure about the boot sector?), install the following package via a terminal (Ctrl + Alt + t):

sudo apt-get install bleachbit

For update and recovery tips:

I forgot to mention this (I assume you only have one OS on your laptop/PC?):

Bleachbit is the tool I used. I could not remember. It helped. Thanks for all your other tips.

1 Like