Redmond (Modern) Layout suggestion

Hi,

This is just a suggestion for a new Redmond panel layout. It could be named "Redmond (modern)".

It would have: Brisk Menu / Show Desktop / Dock Applet / Indicators ...

Screenshoot attached as an example.

11 Likes

Yeah, that’d be pretty sweet if MATE Tweak can handle the theme change at the same time as the layout change.

Well, I wouldn’t go that further, the theme is personal choice.
I would leave the theme unchanged by the Mate Tweak.

1 Like

I like the suggestion too. :slight_smile:

Is it possible to delete the “Menu” text on the Brisk Menu? Would be better if its just the icon the same size as the dock icons.

2 Likes

Yes, playing with dconf-editor :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Pretty cool. How come there’s no Network icon though? Personal Choice?

Much better. Thanks for the tip. :smiley:

@ouroumov Isn’t it that little icon on the left of the volume?

1 Like

Oh, indeed, I thought it was a down arrow to unfold preferences of some kind.

@ouroumov @Cold Yes, is the icon on the left of volume.
However, it doesn’t scale up like the volume icon when I increase the panel size.

It depends on the icon theme / icon theme. With Ambient-MATE-Dark, for example, it scales up.

Yeah, I also use Papirus icons. Also a victim to tiny bluetooth and ethernet icons on my panel too.:cry:

Might be worth filing a bug report for this, if you know who maintains the theme.

2 Likes

@Cold Testing a litle bit, and found the problem is not the Papirus icons, but the Arc theme.

Both screenshots bellow are with Papirus Icons

Adwaita Dark Theme

Arc Darker Theme

2 Likes

Guilty on Arc Dark theme too. Well, at least we know were the problem lies now.

1 Like

I like the suggestion @luispjoaquim, Very cool :slight_smile: :+1:

1 Like

It would be very nice if a Windows 10, or similar layout was included in Ubuntu MATE 17.10.
Maybe it would attract a few Windows users to switch.

An idea I have, is maybe a classic MacOS layout(Like MacOS 9), or even a Windows 3.1 layout.
It would make Ubuntu MATE very unique. Obviously these would never be default layouts though.

1 Like

You could try deleting -NaTrayApplet-icon-size: 16px; or modifying it in the gtk-3.0/gtk.css file.