Requesting that a bug report be made on my behalf re: a regression

Hi to everyone. First, go here, please: CLICK HERE. This ought to provide enough information about what's going on. And I'm sure it's reproducible. I've reproduced it on multiple occasions using a live install and an actual installation (Ubuntu MATE 24.04.1). Second, can someone else who has a Launchpad account report this bug on my behalf?

I have been trying to set up a Launchpad account for the last 20 minutes, but still haven't received a verification e-mail, despite trying to have one re-sent multiple times. There are a couple of pictures, too, in the link that I shared just now. Will someone kindly report this? Also, if any of the people who are involved with Ubuntu MATE see this, please reply here.

Be nice if that happens so I know I've been heard. Thanks.

UPDATE:

I tried adding applications, too, to the panel. What happens now also is that when I click on one of the items in the "complete" applet, at least one application brightens up (as if you're passing the mouse over it and it brightens up; much like how highlighting works, which is the expected behavior when you're simply passing a mouse cursor over an icon). This is definitely a bug and (in a way) a significant "in-your-face" regression. This negatively affects the user experience.

An emergency fix needs to be issued, pronto. Maybe a 24.04.2 release? This is not good, quite honestly, especially from an user experience perspective. How did this not get caught before release? Isn't there a Q&A process involved here? I'm not angry or upset; please do not read me wrong here, but I am genuinely surprised and disappointed at not just this regression, but also the ... apparent lack of Q&A? Or at least a thorough process in which things are checked out from "A" to "Z" before issuing a long-term release update. Know what I mean?

Thanks ...

P.S.: I hope the right thing will be done here, and a hotfix is released ASAP with a new ISO.

ANOTHER UPDATE:

Finally got a verification e-mail from Launchpad. I have since reported the bug. Thank you.

1 Like