[Solved]Plymouth appears during startup in various resolutions and after black screen

Good morning and sorry for my English, but during the boot of the USB for the installation and during the boot of the installed system the Ubuntu Mate logo is displayed in various sizes and then only a black screen.
I tried changing the resolution of the plymouth but nothing was always the same.
I have an AMD card

1 Like

Just Disable plymouth ... System starts even faster this way

2 Likes

Welcome @Andreadd to the community!

1 Like

exactly the same here. Is that 24.04? I think it's a bug so I reported it. Curious, I also have 24.10 development installed a virtual machine and that was a fresh install, I confirmed the download was good and the same problem happened there. True Plymouth can be disabled, but Ubuntu MATE is not supposed to have the issue, right? Quite possibly some setting I have, but on same hardware 22.04 and 22.10, 23.04, 23.10 were fine on the same hardware.

Will see what happens there.

1 Like

the strange thing is, if I insert a bootable USB stick of any Linux distribution, the ubuntu-mate system starts.

24.04 Will Not Boot after I installed it I solved it by following this thread, thanks everyone, even if now he tells me he has revealed a problem and to report it, meh

2 Likes

Maybe you did update-initramfs. Then it boots correctly. Need tp be done after installation on 24.04 once

1 Like

No, I followed the guide indicated, thanks anyway.