Ubuntu MATE 20.04 LTS Beta Testing

Typical error when Software Boutique fails: "Depends: python3:any but it is a virtual package", which suggests that it is down to the beta not setting up Python properly.

xscreensaver-5.42+dfsg1 with latest MATE 20.04 update

$ xscreensaver-demo

(xscreensaver-demo:3622231): libglade-WARNING **: 09:18:09.109: Could not load support for 
   `gnome': libgnome.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
  xscreensaver-demo: 09:18:09: XScreenSaver-debug: Name com.canonical.AppMenu.Registrar does 
not exist on the session bus
glslideshow: couldn't create GL context for visual 0x24.
glslideshow: couldn't create GL context for visual 0x24.

seahorse ask for password every time when i boot computer.
LIghtdm is set to autologin.
I set blank password in seahorse but it dont help.

I upgraded from 19.10 and now my HP5200 is broken. The printer still works but using simple-scan,
even though I select all pages from feeder it instead only scans one page from flatbed.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/simple-scan/+bug/1873748

Is anybody else seeing this general distortion in Appearance Preferences? Icons are way too big, eg the folder icon which even overlaps the Open button, some sort of background shading appears in lightgrey outside of the borderline (look at an 18.04 equivalent to see what I mean - there the 1-pixel darkgrey line around the theme example is the outside of the example). And the MATE specific ones have both round and square corners at the top.

In general under 20.04 my icons seem way too big, eg Firefox and Libreoffice, at least compared to 18.04. I assumed it was HiDPI stuff, but changing from Auto-detect to Regular makes no difference. (Selecting HiPDI does, everything is so large it's hard to set it back :wink: )

I've tried under both Marco and Compiz. System is a 17" Dell Vostro 1920x1200 no external displays.

Please create a bug report on your issue and provide details on the printer/scanner.

I am not seeing this issue. I am able to add users and change password through control center.
Can you update your system or install the newest iso and report back.

2 Likes

Can Do!!!! I'll install the latest ISO in a VM and get back with you.

Mr. Meeseeks - Can Do

Release Candidates are now out.

https://ubuntu-mate.community/t/ubuntu-mate-20-04-lts-release-canididate-testing/21541/4

2 Likes