Ubuntu Mate 22.04 auto ending Sessions when I do something specific

It's the exact same problem I'm having (I did post a video too)

Hi again, @Ygor6889.

OK. I suggest that we try now something different: let's try to use the "apport-cli" command / tool to extract the several parts of the ".crash" file into several files.

If you can open a "MATE Terminal" window (without the "auto ending session" issue also happening by doing that), I suggest that you try the following commands (I'm assuming here that your "Home" directory is "/home/ygor"). Also, in case you don't already know, the '$' ("dollar sign") in the following commands is just representing the shell prompt (don't type that dollar sign in your commands):

$ mkdir /home/ygor/mycrash
$ cp -piv /var/crash/_usr_lib_xorg_Xorg.0.crash /home/ygor/mycrash
$ cd /home/ygor/mycrash
$ apport-cli _usr_lib_xorg_Xorg.0.crash mycrash-files/

It's possible, when you do that last "apport-cli" command, that you get an error like the following one (but don't worry about that);

File "/usr/bin/apport-unpack", line 77, in <module>
    pr.extract_keys(f, bin_keys, dir)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/problem_report.py", line 269, in extract_keys
    raise ValueError('%s has no binary content' %
ValueError: ['separator'] has no binary content

(It's also possible that you get an "apport-unpack" crash during this process, but also don't worry about that).

Now you should have a "mycrash-files" folder with lots of files. You can see the list of those files by entering a command like the following:

$ ls -l /home/ygor/mycrash/mycrash-files/*

Now, I would like to ask you to publish a new message here in this same topic with the content of the "Title" file by entering the output of the following command:

$ cat /home/ygor/mycrash/mycrash-files/Title

References for this answer of mine:

... particularly the following great answer written by @Norbert_X in that same Question in the "Ask Ubuntu" web site:

I can't run "cd /home/ygor6889/mycrash" because of the auto ending session :confused:

@Ygor6889, Igor, is your video card also from intel? I just solved the problem on the Latitude E6410. I created the /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf file with the following content:

$ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf
Section "Device"
Identifier "Intel Graphics"
Driver "intel"
Option "TearFree" "true"
EndSection

Then I restarted the system and Ubuntu Mate stopped crashing!

I saw someone on this post reporting a similar problem:

And then I followed what was in the 6.1 section of the ArchLinux Wiki:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/intel_graphics#Tearing

3 Likes

Yes my video card is a Intel HD Graphics

I'm gonna try that, if it works im gonna be super happy

OMG IT DID WORK, Obrigado!

1 Like

I wasted a whole week trying to fix this, you saved me

Thank you to everyone who tried to help me, @esan_br gave the solution, not only it did work but it completed fixed the issue

Problem SOLVED!

"Obrigado!"

2 Likes

This works for me too, thanks Elias!. Intel G41 driver on old desktop pc, works ok with 20.04 but 22.04 continuously crashes (even with a fresh install) and your post resolves the problem.

2 Likes