Redmond panel layout suggestion

Hi

I was reading a backlog of messages on the thread Disks utility formatting problem? What tool to use when formatting a USB drive?

It made me think about a possible improvement to the default Redmond layout: add the disk mounter applet next to the indicators on the bottom right panel.

The idea is to give an equivalent path to "Securely eject your USB drive" or whatever the exact formulation is on windows.

I think this could make it easier for recently converted recruits. :D

Cheers

12 Likes

I agree entirely @ouroumov , it is something that has lacked in Linux for ever!. :smiley:

1 Like

I think it’s a great idea ouroumov :slight_smile:

1 Like

NIce idea @ouroumov, made me put it on my panel. :smiley:

1 Like

Great idea @ouroumov didn’t even know that thing even existed.

That’s actually work even better then when you see your mounted stuff on your desktop.

I think it might even be useful on other panels too.

1 Like

That’s indeed a great idea! @ouroumov
Is it possible to have ouroumov’s suggestion added by default for 16.10? @Wimpy
In addition to that I hope that the Redmond panel in combination with the Advanced Menu will receive some polishing in the near future. It isn’t as easy on the eyes compared to the menu in Linux Mint Mate.

1 Like

@maro, something like this for MATE Menu (Advanced Menu)?

Changed the opacity slightly since this screen capture (very slightly more opaque).

Just noticed, you mention Mint MATE, not Cinnamon. Seems I'm having a bad night for reading! :smiley: I better logout now, to hopefully retain some dignity.

Including the disk mounter is a good idea. No problem.

@DaveB I’m not sure what your trying to show me there. Can you explain please.

At the time of my post MATE Menu looked like this

So in reply to maro's post, showed how MATE Menu can look with tweaks/polish for a more theme complementary appearance.