Unofficial UbuntuMATE minecraft server

** UbuntuMATE Community Minecraft Server **

Just for a fun community project I have set up a the UbuntuMATE community Minecraft server.

It is a whitelist server, so if you just let me know your minecraft name and I will add you to the list.

The server is running Vanilla 1.8 Minecraft in Survival mode.

I am open to suggestions but don’t want to over complicate it with MODS and such. Let’s see how it goes for awhile first.

Rules:

1. Respect people.
  2. No abusive language please
  3. Don’t steal from people.
  4. Don’t destroy peoples structures.

Hopefully this can be a fun place for the community to chat, relax and have fun. Maybe we can even hold meetings there…never know.

Address is 72.46.158.98:26105

Google Plus Group For the Minecraft Community

Ryver Account I created http://umminecraft.ryver.com , msg me an email and I can add you, this can be a way for us to communicate with out throwing to much in the forums.

1 Like

HI,

I’m interested but I’d like to ask a stupid question.
Do you need to be running Minecraft on your PC?
If so is there a Linux version or do you have to use Wine.

You do have to run it on your PC. But there is a Linux Version, it’s Java…just go download from Minecraft.net.

@kri5 you also need a valid Minecraft account, which you can get at Mojang.com.

Thanks guys, a quick Google and i found it all.

If you decide to get it let me know your minecraft name so I can add you to the server @Kri5

Thanks, will do when i have everything sorted.

1 Like

Thanks for the pin Mr @Wimpy

We’re actually really busy building spawntown, so you will not appear to be lost in the jungle :slight_smile:

The spawn area is looking pretty nice now. @wizd3m, @RazorUK, and I have pretty nice cribs, a welcome building and all the fixins are nearby, including a portal to Hell :smile:

Feel free to come and join us.

2 Likes

New player, newly spawned, new day.

-- Looking from spawn using SEUS Shaders

One of the objectives has got to be making a pixel floating Ubuntu MATE logo somewhere. :wink: :camera:

Just throwing an idea out there :bulb: If you like mini-games and bending the survival/creative mode aspect a little bit - How about an automated Spleef Arena powered by command blocks? A tournament of some kind would be intriguing! :smile:

Welcome, one of the plans is that very goal. It is just a matter of figuring it out…big giant circular symbol with 3 triangles pointing different directions…will take a lot of planning.

Feel free to dig around my house for building materials…

Though I don’t drink, I built everyone else a pub next to town hall.

Maybe we need a ubuntu-MATE minecraft catagory instead of posting to this thread over and over… or maybe ryver,org or slack.com for it…

Here is our little community at night…looking great so far!

http://www.timapple.com/file/f4fb161ab0725cec1e505879e0308a9e/Screenshot-Minecraft+1.8.8.png

aaaah, you can barely see my house from that angle… :wink:

Our little community is growing, hard to cover it all in a screenshot… @lah7 is building a hotel as we speek…I had added a pub and city park… Trying to figure out what to build next…

Also have some roads built going pretty far out of town…one leads to my first fort…made before I settled closer to spawn.

Now that I think of it, maybe we should build a home for @Wimpy even though he doesn’t play…just out of posterity…lol

One day I’ll find the time to visit. I like bungalows :wink:

1 Like

Well @lah7 is almost complete with his hotel. Town is coming along well. If you play minecraft please stop bye and visit.