Unofficial UbuntuMATE minecraft server

@kri5 you also need a valid Minecraft account, which you can get at Mojang.com.

Thanks guys, a quick Google and i found it all.

If you decide to get it let me know your minecraft name so I can add you to the server @Kri5

Thanks, will do when i have everything sorted.

1 Like

Thanks for the pin Mr @Wimpy

We’re actually really busy building spawntown, so you will not appear to be lost in the jungle :slight_smile:

The spawn area is looking pretty nice now. @wizd3m, @RazorUK, and I have pretty nice cribs, a welcome building and all the fixins are nearby, including a portal to Hell :smile:

Feel free to come and join us.

2 Likes

New player, newly spawned, new day.

-- Looking from spawn using SEUS Shaders

One of the objectives has got to be making a pixel floating Ubuntu MATE logo somewhere. :wink: :camera:

Just throwing an idea out there :bulb: If you like mini-games and bending the survival/creative mode aspect a little bit - How about an automated Spleef Arena powered by command blocks? A tournament of some kind would be intriguing! :smile:

Welcome, one of the plans is that very goal. It is just a matter of figuring it out…big giant circular symbol with 3 triangles pointing different directions…will take a lot of planning.

Feel free to dig around my house for building materials…

Though I don’t drink, I built everyone else a pub next to town hall.

Maybe we need a ubuntu-MATE minecraft catagory instead of posting to this thread over and over… or maybe ryver,org or slack.com for it…

Here is our little community at night…looking great so far!

http://www.timapple.com/file/f4fb161ab0725cec1e505879e0308a9e/Screenshot-Minecraft+1.8.8.png

aaaah, you can barely see my house from that angle… :wink:

Our little community is growing, hard to cover it all in a screenshot… @lah7 is building a hotel as we speek…I had added a pub and city park… Trying to figure out what to build next…

Also have some roads built going pretty far out of town…one leads to my first fort…made before I settled closer to spawn.

Now that I think of it, maybe we should build a home for @Wimpy even though he doesn’t play…just out of posterity…lol

One day I’ll find the time to visit. I like bungalows :wink:

1 Like

Well @lah7 is almost complete with his hotel. Town is coming along well. If you play minecraft please stop bye and visit.

Or… you can use this, if on Spigot or Bukkit:

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/pixelart/

So, I’m gearing up to have a look at this Minecraft world you’ve been creating :slight_smile:

I’m a complete newbie to Minecraft, so you’ll have to help me out. But, it seems this is an extension of the Ubuntu MATE community, should we perhaps make this an official part of our community?

For example, would you like an ubuntu-mate.* domain name? Shall I include this Minecraft community on the list of community resources? To be clear, I don’t want to admin this because it is a true community creation and should remain so. But I can help fund it’s server(s).

Anyway, let me know and I’ll set up the appropriate stuff :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Martin, The cost of the server at this time isn’t to much. I don’t mind sporting it unless we have to upgrade to more high performance, which isn’t the case as of now.

Not sure how to do the domain part? If we did it I guess just a foreward would work. Would have to look into it. It could be in the community resource list. That would be nice.

I’ll think on this a little more afterwork. But don’t worry about funding…I got it for now.

cheers,
Tim

1 Like