What do you want?

I want human/humanity (clearlooks?) themes back. And, surely, that little applet to tweak their colour schemes...

2 Likes
  1. Auto tiling capabilities for my windows, something that works like pop-shell under gnome
  2. Better animations for windows (minimize/maximize/open/close) similarly to what budgie does (nothing too fancy, but a little bit more than the current one). I also would like to have an animation when I switch workspace
  3. Touchpad gestures
2 Likes

Add this by default

3 Likes

Yes!!
That would be really great

Hi, I have reinstalled linux mint in vmware after much time but I am not convinced that I will keep it long, because it is more difficult to use than windows, a small question please, how can I modify the date/time format on mint that I don't see the option?

I have no idea how it works on 'linux mint' (you should ask on their forum) but on Ubuntu-MATE you just have to open control center and choose language support->regional settings (see below)

If, besides the regional settings, you want to customize the clock indicator on the panel a bit, you can use this:

But again, Ubuntu-MATE is not Linux Mint so there might be differences.

2 Likes

thanks tkn for your answer, it's actually linux MATE and not mint that I installed, I was wrong and confused, thank you very much, finally now I have the date format as I wanted it

3 Likes

Auto disable compositor on full screen, I don't know if this is already a marco/picom features, but it would be cool if it exist.

1 Like

My wish for networkmanager in Ubuntu-MATE:

Allow to set a system default value for "autoconnect" property in /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf

I want the default behaviour of my networking interfaces to be that they don't connect to any network automatically.

1. In /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections, I can change that per connectionprofile for every existing connection, which i do, but it is pretty tiresome so I want to be able to set the [connection] autoconnect=false property to be applied by default.

I have some workarounds for this issue by scripting some nm-cli commands but it is far from ideal. A way to set autoconnect=false as system default would be very very welcome.

2 Likes

Lightweight automated change from light to dark mode, can auto change the icons, background, gtk and titlebar theme based on time of day.

Also each time that I change the background or theme, it removes my transparency setting on the plank dock and would like it to keep my transparent setting and not have to change it back all the time.

Otherwise really am loving how fast/lightweight and snappy Ubuntu Mate is. It is a great balance of look/performance. Continue to add more desktop layout settings as well love that too.

1 Like

Welcome @Ryan_Hines to the community!