Hi all, Its officially here. :smiley:

https://ubuntu-mate.org/xenial/

1 Like

See my link above , LetĀ“s vote for Ubuntu MATEā€¦

Iā€™m waiting for an official announcement with the official link. :wink:

Edit: eagerly waitingā€¦

1 Like

Those links are now down.
They must be getting updated at the present.

2 Likes

Ok people, what I want to know is who will get it loaded up first :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Seedbox is running! Goodbye Windows 10 and Hello my new best friend Ubuntu Mate 16.04 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Currently installing. :smiley:

Thank you @Wimpy (et al)! :slight_smile:

Update:
Installed!

5 Likes

Ā”QuĆ© guay! Ā”Estupendo!

1 Like

:grin:Since this a good humor one upsmanship - Iā€™m 71 [age not IQ]

2 Likes

Donā€™t you just love that new car smell :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Inserted keys in the ignition of another new car (installed on another system) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I couldn't wait :sweat:

But I had to verify the ISO with sha256 signatures...
Anyway :

:sunglasses:

4 Likes

@Aluxandria, You came so close! Officially announced :smiley:

3 Likes

Installed. Looking good!

3 Likes

I got the ISO & am going to wait till the weekend to first try the upgrade route, then if that doesnā€™t fix my non working default AMD driver issue, then do a full install. :wink:

Weird thing is, I had no problem using unetbootin & the ISO image on my flash drive, but Brasero (at the lowest burn speed) just wouldnā€™t burn my DVD-R disc properly (kept giving error messages), but XFBURN worked just fine at the lowest burn speed.

2 Likes

Hi @SantaFe,

please see this thread before you decide to try and install any AMD drivers!:

1 Like

Scratching head time 10+ mins

1 Like

I did, but I only have the one graphics card, an (AMD/ATI) Caicos [Radeon HD 6450/7450/8450 R5 250 [OEM] that came with my 2006 Dell, so the open source drivers are fine. Was hoping the update would fix the open source problem, which it did! :wink:

4 Likes

I installed it last night and did a fresh install using my trusty "Something else method". The only problems I encountered were:

the package linux-firmware-nonfree wasn't in the repo? (I have a package (ver: 1.8) in my deb packages folder which solved that for me).

I cannot install Google Earth 64 bit version due to a lack of dependencies? (I will work on that!).

Everything else is working fine as far as I can tell!. :smiley:

You got me beat. I havenā€™t even downloaded the ISO.

I have partitioning to do and for me it is easier to set up disks using gparted instead of the something else method :slight_smile:

2 Likes