- The objective of the Boutique is to offer the "best in class" of applications and simplify the selection of software for specific purposes.
- We tend to stay clear of software that offers:
- Duplicate functionality (e.g. OpenShot and Kdenlive)
- Requires a lot of dependencies (e.g. KDE)
- Software should be of interest to the average user, and powerful (potentially destructive) tools should be avoided.
- Software can be proprietary or open source (we like the latter )
Integrates well with the MATE Desktop.
- Software should have no issues running, like missing icons or other issues due to running in a MATE environment.
Has a trustworthy PPA or Apt Source
- Stable channels preferred.
- Official sources please where available.
- Stand alone debs are forbidden.
Proposing an application
Please start a thread in the #development-discussion with the #boutique tag.
Then, clearly state the following:
With enough interest and confirmation from others in the community, we'll consider adding your desired application to the Software Boutique.
We'll keep this thread updated with the guidelines if something changes.