- The objective of the Boutique is to offer the "best in class" of applications and simplify the selection of software for specific purposes.
- We tend to stay clear of software that offers:
- Duplicate functionality (e.g. OpenShot and Kdenlive)
- Requires a lot of dependencies (e.g. KDE)
- Software should be of interest to the average user, and powerful (potentially destructive) tools should be avoided.
- Software can be proprietary or open source (we like the latter!)
Integrates well with the MATE Desktop.
- Software should have no issues running, like missing icons or other issues due to running in a MATE environment.
Has a trustworthy PPA or Apt Source
- Stable channels preferred.
- Official sources please where available.
- Stand alone debs cannot be added.
Proposing an application
Then, clearly state the following:
- Name of the application.
- Your own short description.
- Your own screenshot under Ubuntu MATE.
- Link to the website.
- Specify the source -- Ubuntu repositories, PPA, or Apt Source?
- If the software only provides debs, the software will not be considered.
- Packages to be installed.
- Which architectures are supported?
With enough interest and confirmation from others in the community, we'll consider adding your desired application to the Software Boutique.
We'll keep this thread updated with the guidelines if something changes.